June 21, 2004

I'm officially cured

I felt pretty good today with only mild and infrequent nasal leakage. I sealed the deal with a 6 mile bike ride. Not only was this ride the first in over a week, but I beat my fairly rock steady time by 5 minutes. It seams that either the break or my brain being soaked in more than the usual amount of mucus jogged my memory a bit.

You see, this entire cycle of cycling (I don't know 6 - 8 weeks or so) I've been placing the ball of my foot just in front of the middle of the pedal. (Elequently written, eh?) Somehow I managed to get my foot placed right with the ball of my foot just behind the middle of the pedal. I forgot all about those other muscles. Something seems to have kept them in shape all this time.

On a completely different subject, I didn't get called from work until 7:28 this morning. Seeing as I dropped off my last meeting at 6:30ish, that would mean I worked much less than 12 hours today. Hooray!

Posted by wschuller at 08:22 PM | Comments (0)

June 18, 2004

The Magic Nap

Ever since those miserable hours in the Las Vegas airport last Sunday, I've known that I was sick. It's the same thing that Chris so kindly passed along last year just in time for New Years Eve. Lots of phlegm and coughing. I think that human beings may just have evolved to be phlegm factories. I have no idea where it all comes from. And in such a variety of colors! Some day aliens will come back to harvest it to serve at parties as a delicacy. Yummy. The galaxies finest.

Anyhow, I was feeling worse today than I have all week. I had been trying to fool myself (and others) into thinking that I wasn't sick. I'd taken it easy at work and only pulled 12 hour days. I only did about an hour of work today and all of it from home. I had more to do, but then I sat down on the couch for a minute. It was just before noon and I was trying to figure out what I was going to do for lunch. I vaguely remember waking up long enough to lay down on the couch. My head kept falling over, wrenching me from sweet, sweet sleep each time.

Needless to say I somehow made it into bed and woke up hungry at 5:36PM. I felt 150 times better. I thought that I might have even been over the whole thing. I could breath through my nose and my lungs didn't hurt at all. I was half way through my fish taco at Wahoo's when I discovered that I was indeed still sick. I hate trying to eat with a runny nose. It's very unattractive.

Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to apply hotfix 5 for bwengine and adsbl on three clusters this weekend. If only the magic nap had not stolen the afternoon from me.

Posted by wschuller at 09:42 PM | Comments (0)