There are rules for our wedding. Here they are:
1. No jeans. We're paying a lot of money for this, get dressed.
2. No shorts. See #1.
3. No balloons. This isn't the circus.
4. No child care provided. We like kids, but folks are here to enjoy a party, not play baby sitter. If you bring kids, don't pass 'em around. It's okay to let someone take 'em, just don't make yourself unavailable to take 'em back.
5. Bring your manners. I don't want to see anyone sucking face in the corner or anywhere else for that matter. Nobody wants to see any breast feeding either. Just be discreet.
6. It's my party and I can cry if I want to.
Yes, most of these rules are based off of recent experiences at parities, etc. It's our special day and we don't want anyone messing it up.
I had a vison checkup today. My vision is good enough to not need glasses. I picked up a pair of sunglasses and a pair of persciption "computer" glasses. Turns out I have an astigmatism, but barely enough to bother with at all.
It's my 27th birthday today. This has been one of the better ones. I was given excellent gifts and more importantly I was able to spend time with my sweetheart. We had dinner at E&O trading company with Ante and Mama. It was fantastic.
In even more interesting news, Mariana is being transfered to the San Diego office. I've reluctantly decided to join her ;-). We're looking at moving shortly after the wedding in November. One side of me is relieved . Work is going to be much easier and more fulfilling for me, and for Mariana as well. I'm really bummed to be moving away from Ante and Mama though. I really enjoy spending time with them. I seriously lucked out in the in-laws department.
I'm also going to miss how green it is up here. I never though much about it down in San Diego. I thought that Julian and the San Jacinto mountains were green. It's nothing compared to just down the street up here. Oh well, we'll be back.